This directory serves as a resource listing of active biotech that develop therapeutics, diagnostics and/or medtech. The companies listed in this directory are not representative of the companies that are active members of the Biotech and Money community.
Add / Amend your company listing for free
(only active biotech ie. therapeutic, diagnostic and medtech companies are eligible for listing)
The company?s vision is to be a leading biopharmaceutical company that develops disruptive alginate oligomer technologies in order to fight diseases effectively through innovative therapies.
AVX 001 is being developed for the topical treatment of psoriasis (and other dermatological inflammatory disorders). The small molecule targets the group IVA phospholipase A2 (cPLA2) enzyme regulating the cytokine-induced activation of the proinflammatory nuclear transcription factor-kappa B (NF-kappa B). AVX 001 is a clinical stage asset undergoing an ascending-dose phase I/IIA trial in patients; top line results are expected in third quarter 2013.
AVX 002 and AVX235 are pre-clinical stage assets that also target cPLA2. They are being developed for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and glomerulonephritis,respectively. In preliminary animal testing, AVX235 exhibited significant anti-cancer activity. AVX001, AVX002 and AVX235 are lead compounds from two distinct chemical families being developed by Avexxin.
* Oral and IV formulation to allow early hospital patients discharge by IV-to-PO switch
* Well-balanced distribution in blood and tissues for prevention and/or treatment also of systemic infections
* No/limited drug-drug interaction to facilitate antibiotic treatment in the presence of multiple co-morbidities, especially in elderly patients
* Further improved class safety (QT, hepatotoxicity)
* Broad coverage of CABP pathogens including macrolide- and penicillin-resistant strains
* Low propensity for resistance development
The development program is built on a proprietary chemistry platform based on modifications of the carbon-10 position enabling novel modifications of the ketolide scaffold.
The company entered lead optimization phase early 2012, with the aim of selecting a preclinical candidate during 2012. The company is planning to raise funding sometime during 2H:2012 to take the company through phase 1.
Their current investors are Novo Seed (Denmark) and Sarsia Seed (Norway).