|8:30||Registration and coffee|
|9:25||Welcome remarksNeil Darkes and Terry O’Dwyer, Co-CEO’s, Biotech and Money|
|9:30||Keynote: 2015/2016 Life Science and Healthcare Market OutlookDavid MacMurchy, Partner, Consumer Products, Retail and Life Science Leader and Head of Life Sciences, EY|
|9:50||Keynote: Capital Market Perspectives: addressing the imbalance between the UK and USGil Bar-Nahum, Managing Director, Global Healthcare Investment Banking, Jefferies and Co.|
|10:10||Keynote: Evolution of tapping public marketsNelson Griggs, EVP, Listings, Nasdaq|
|10:30||Coffee and networking|
|11:00||Strategies on fundraising and raising capital · Where and how to raise funds for development projects: In the very early stages, and when market sentiment is low
· Where and how to target investors: retail vs institutional vs specialist
· What strategies work best and why?
· Going global: advantages and challenges of dual listings
Group 1: Gil Bar-Nahum, Managing Director, Global Healthcare Investment Banking, Jefferies and Co.
Group 2: Bob McCooey, Senior Vice President, Global Relationship Management, Nasdaq
|12:30||Seated networking luncheon|
|13:30||How and where will you grow?· When should growth be organic or inorganic?
· How should current trends in deal structures, M&A and licensing inform your strategy?
· Moving into new markets vs expanding your share in existing markets
· Mergers & Acquisitions: strategies to acquiring or being acquired
· How to reconcile relative valuations?
· What should CEO’s focus on when searching for collaborations or partnerships?
Group 1: Jamie Heath, Head of Life Sciences Transaction Advisory, Europe, Middle East, Africa and India, EY
Group 2: David MacMurchy, Partner, Consumer Products, Retail and Life Science Leader and Head of Life Sciences, EY
|15:00||Coffee and Networking|
|15:30||Investor Engagement, Education and Communication· How can the industry better educate and engage with generalist investors?
- Communications strategy: how to deliver the message
- Understanding what investors are looking for and why
· How to engage with specialist investors? What strategies work best and why?
· How should CEOs and CFOs work with retail investors?
· Communication: placements & capital raising, M&A communication and continuous financial communication and IR
Group 1: Melanie Toyne-Sewell, Partner, Instinctif Partners
Group 2: Mary Clark, Managing Director, International Healthcare, Hume Brophy
|16:30||How to improve investor appetite for the sector · How can CEO’s better collectively influence healthcare investment appetite?
· Strategies to cultivate a strong climate and environment ripe for investment;
· Developing and cultivating entrepreneurs and talent
· Areas of collaboration between CEOs and CFOs
· How to celebrate success stories and communicate them
· What tangible actions can be made?
John Hodgson, Data Editor, Scrip
|17:30||Action points and Wrap Up|