May 2015 Drugs & Dealers Magazine Released
Biotech and Money are pleased to announce the release of the latest Drugs & Dealers Magazine. The May issue is the third of 6 bi-monthly publications in 2015 aimed at providing insight, foresight and hindsight to life science executives involved in funding, investment, partnering and deal making.
Here’s what you can expect to read from the digitally interactive May issue:
- Opening up new druggable targets: Dr Chris Torrance, CEO at PhoreMost outlines the nature of its ‘site seeker’ technology platform and it’s application in developing a wide array of novel targeted therapies. We also explore their seed and grant funding.
- Innovative therapies using conformational design - Piers Morgan, CEO at C4X Discovery talks about delivering on its promise to develop innovative treatments faster and at a fraction of the cost of conventional approaches, just six months on from its successful UK initial public offering.
- Highly differentiated ‘best-in-class’ new drugs: Dr Neil Murray, CEO at Redx Pharma is the latest UK biotech to go public, raising £55 million in March this year. We learn what made investors break ranks and venture outside of the familiar ‘Golden Triangle’.
- The view of an active private investor: Jon Moulton, Founder of Better Capital is also known for his very active private investments. Here we talk about him increasing his lead shareholding in Redx Pharma and what he looks for in his investment preferences.
- Californian biotech brings $100M IPO to UK shores: Adityo Prakash, CEO at Verseon discusses the recent successful $100 million IPO on AIM and discusses the gam changing nature of his company’s apporach and why listing in the UK was an obvious choice right now.
- Raising the benchmark for AIM: Chris Mayo, Consultant, Primary Markets at London Stock Exchange discusses the rising trend for US companies raising on London markets and what’s contributing to the attraction of AIM for overseas companies looking to list.
- HealthEx London CEO/CFO Forum: A brand new peer-to-peer forum is launching in London to provide a sounding board for life science management teams. Learn what’s in it for executives of listed and pre-listed life science companies on 1st July.
- Life science IPOs: UK or US: Sue Staunton, Partners at James Cowper Kreston explains the pros and cons of going public in the UK and the US and why the decision to take a company public should never be taken.
- Banking on Biotech with RBC Capital Markets: Paul Tomasic, Managing Director, Head of Healthcare at RBC Capital Markets discusses their approach to expanding their footprint in the European Healthcare sector and talks around the trends he’s witnessing in the UK.
- AXA Framlington IM UK Biotechnology Fund: Linden Thomson, Fund Manager, Biotechnology Fund at AXA IM UK talks fund performance, attracting attention of generalist investors, sector opportunities and attributes that lead her to invest.
- Legal and General UK Alpha Trust: Richard Penny, Fund Manager at Legal & General UK Alpha Fund talks up the potential of the small cap biotech market in the UK, why floating too early can affect future financing and his own appetite to risk.
- GE Healthcare’s Innovation Village comes online: Ger Brophy, Chief Technology Officer at GE Healthcare Life Sciences discusses their ambitions for their multi million pound Innovation Village in Cardiff and where he see’s opportunities in UK life sciences.
April and May Community polls: Here we share the results of the monthly Biotech and Money Community polls that have taken place during April and May. Look out for the June and July polls.
Plus regular pieces ‘In Brief’ – on recent announcements in the UK funding and investment landscape and ‘Save the date’ - outlining up and coming key UK awards and grant competition deadlines.