January 2016 Drugs & Dealers Magazine Released
Biotech and Money are pleased to announce the release of the latest Drugs & Dealers Magazine. The January issue is the first of 6 bi-monthly publications in 2016 aimed at providing insight, foresight and hindsight to life science executives involved in funding, investment, partnering and deal making.
Here’s what you can expect to read from the digitally interactive January issue:
- Invesco Perpetual Exclusive Investor Interview: We talk to Mark Barnett, Head of UK Equities at Invesco Perpetual to understand how important healthcare and life sciences are to his portfolio and what drives his decision to invest in certain companies over others.
- Aviva Investors Exclusive Interview: We find time with Mark Denham, Head of EU Equities at Aviva Investors to talk through their unique fund approach, his views on current market conditions and what he feels generalist investors need to see to engage.
- The state of the UK Healthcare and Life Science Sector Report: Backed and contributed to by Rt. Hon George Freeman, Neil Woodford, Imperial Innovations, BIA and LSE, review the outline of the new and exclusive industry report that will be exclusively released on February 2nd.
- Creating a franchise in the Allergy Sector - Allergy Therapeutics: Manuel Llobet, CEO of Allergy Therapeutics distils the journey made to date by the company, outlines future growth, its M&A strategy and gives some sage advice on where to source the right type of finance.
- Transformational deal making - Oxford Biomedica: Given the recent announcement of Oxford Biomedica securing £50m loan funding to expand its lab and manufacturing facilities and service it’s transformational deal with Novartis, we find time with CEO John Dawson.
- Acquiring and developing a mid-stage clinical pipeline: Mereo BioPharma’s unique approach to acquiring a mid-stage clinical pipeline drew a lot of attention in later 2015. We chat to CEO, Denise Scots-Knight on this novel approach and the immediate company milestones.
- Event spotlight - Biotech and Money London 2016: The second iteration of this C-Level investment and partnering congress kicks off on 2-3 February 2016 in London. Here we offer you a snapshot of the themes up for discussion at the 300+ exceutive event.
- Developing new therapies for Myocardial Infarction - Domainex: Domainex has applied its unique technologies and focussed discovery approach to enable it to develop its own pipeline of COPD and oncology drugs. Eddy Littler, CEO gives us an executive update.
- Growth through commercialised tech and acquisition: Neil Campbell, CEO of US-based Helomics; a next generation healthcare company focused on oncology talks through the personalised healthcare approach and where he sees the company fitting in to the burgeoning sector.
Plus regular pieces ‘In Brief’ – on recent announcements in the UK funding and investment landscape and ‘Save the date’ - outlining up and coming key UK awards and grant competition deadlines.